Make good use of flash to take beautiful pictures
- Oct 17, 2019
- 1 Comment
Photography is the art of reproducing light, but there are too many dim or harsh environments around life. If you want to make a good picture, you might as well use flash to achieve the image in your mind. At present, the SLR has built-in roof flash and hot boot seat. Through direct flash or remote trigger, it can play with the light source freely and create the ideal world in mind.
In dim and backlighting environment, the shutter speed is often too slow. Although the lens has the function of anti-hand shocks, it is easy to blur the image because it exceeds the correction limit or because the subject shakes itself. At this time, the simplest solution is to use the SLR built-in overhead flash for supplementary light shooting. In SLR shooting mode, it belongs to automatic or scene shooting mode. The built-in flash will automatically pop up and fill the light when needed. In creative mode such as P, TV, AV and M, it is necessary to press the key on the right side of the flash to turn on the flash manually. When the flash is turned on, in P mode, the SLR will preset the shutter to be 1/60 seconds. If the scene light is insufficient, the background is black and the main body is too white. A better way is to use AV or M mode to let the photometric level fall around -1EV. The flash automatically calculates the appropriate supplementary light output according to the set aperture and sensitivity. At this time, if the shutter speed is too slow (less than 1/2 seconds), the sensitivity can be moderately increased to improve the shutter speed. Although many people do not like the effect of flash shooting, only through high sensitivity setting to achieve the purpose of condensation action, but in fact it is not completely understand the misunderstanding of flash. For example, when shooting indoors with yellow lights, the flash can balance the color temperature, change the position of the light source freely, so that the image can have more creative changes, etc.
Opportunity of Flash in Low Light Level Environment
In the restaurant room and other dark areas to supplement the light, can increase the face of the subject luster. Flash lamp as the main light source can correct the dim yellow temperature of the bulb. Lift the shutter or condense the action of the subject instantaneously to reduce the problem of shaking blur.
Keep the background brightness unchanged and increase the skin brightness. Using off-line technique to produce light and shadow effect can increase the stereo of image. In the backlighting environment, the main body in the dark can be brightened.
Convenient V.S External Flash Function of Roof Flash
1. Strong flash output (GN value) External flash has strong flash output. It can be used in various environments, such as low-light compensation, special effect light, backlight compensation, and even calendering under sunlight. To understand the output of external flash, you can refer to the GN value in the specification table. Usually, the GN value is marked as the reference value of the flash output when the equivalent focal length is 50mm and ISO is 100. When the X-distance (ft) of the aperture is approximately equal, it can be exposed correctly at the same time. That is to say, the larger the maximum GN value, the better the environment in which the flash can be used. Widely.
Internal flash compensates for light.
External flash compensates for light.
2. Turn the direction of the headlamp. In addition to direct front strokes, external flash mostly provides the function of vertical upward and left-right head swing. Reflections through walls or ceilings can make light more uniform.
3. Better lighting effect. Regardless of flashing function, when we use ultra wide-angle lens to shoot in indoor environment, the built-in flash compensation often produces very unnatural arc shadow under the image. The main reason is that the light of the built-in flash will be blocked by the front of the lens, if the shade is added. The scope will be larger and more serious. External flash can be emitted from a higher angle, and the flash will not be blocked by the lens. This problem can be easily avoided.
4. Produce more abundant lighting and shading effects. The SLR provides remote control flashing function, which can trigger the flashing directly through the top flash. With the menu of MENU, it can set the internal flash as a single trigger, or as another positive supplementary flash. The triggering time can also be set freely for the synchronization of the front curtain and the rear curtain. For advanced players who want to control the position and effect of light and shadow freely, it is a very practical function.
Indoor Flash Use Strategy - Reflect Flash with Ceilings or Wall
Many people insist on not using flashes in dark rooms, mainly because of the supplementary effect of direct flashes, which can easily make the subject look pale, but also because of hand shock or the shaking of the subject, which can be easily blurred. In fact, such problems can be solved through external flashes and simple jumping techniques. When shooting, we can press the button next to the external flash head, turn the light head to the ceiling or the wall, and then press the shutter in the usual shooting mode. Reflected by the flash, not only can the flash diffuse effectively, the light quality is softer, but also the skin of the subject appears more soft and lustrous. It should be noticed that the flash output is automatically adjusted by focusing distance and aperture size, but the camera can not measure the actual distance of the flash when using the skipping technique, let alone because of the material loss of the reflector, so when shooting, it is suggested that users with TTL function should add the flash output as appropriate. Compensation, advanced players can try to use flash M mode, and pre-test and fixed flash output. In order to solve the problem of color temperature deviation after reflection, it is suggested that the reader can quickly correct the color and skin color by selecting the white area in the picture through dropper during post-processing only by using RAW file recording.
The flash is direct.
External flash flashing.
When making use of skipping flash, special attention should be paid to the color and material of the ceiling. When the flash is reflected through the ceiling or wall, it will be affected by the reflecting surface, such as the yellow wall or the wooden wall, and the color temperature will become warmer after reflection. In addition, if the room is a dark wall, not only affects the color temperature of the flash, but also absorbs most of the brightness. It is not suitable to use jump lights to compensate for the illumination.
1. Use external flash Speedlite 600 EX-RT: External flash has a higher GN value, which can make the jump light have a better effect. 2. Use P program automatic or AV aperture pre-requisite mode: Beginners recommend P mode shooting to simplify the control process. 3. Install the external flash on the hot boot seat on the top of the machine: remember to fasten the knob to avoid the damage caused by the fall of the flash. 4. Turn the flash to the ceiling: Avoid the ceiling with beams and increase the output of the flash appropriately.
Outdoor Flash Use Strategy-Backlighting and Special Shadows
Although the daytime outdoor environment has enough brightness, the flash can be used to make more changes in the picture when taking portraits. Among them, the most frequently used condition of flashlight supplement is that of backlight environment. Because backlight will make the face skin on the backlight appear dark and gloomy, we can turn on the overhead flashlight to compel the supplement, so that the model's face can regain its brightness. However, in the actual shooting experience, because the sun is very bright, so sometimes the effect of supplementary light will be discounted. At this time, we can consider the use of external flashes strong flash output, to complement the background and the main body of the brightness contrast. Of course, if you have friends to shoot with you, we recommend that readers try to use the flash trigger external flash to shoot. First, set the external flash to slave, and change the option of "built-in flash" to "simple wireless flash" or "customized wireless flash" from "MENU/flash control/built-in flash function setting" to "simple wireless flash", which can directly control the synchronization trigger of external flash. The picture above this page is to ask the companion to slant by Model. The light is supplemented at a higher place in front, and the resulting light and shadow effect makes the picture more stereoscopic. In addition, players who want to try calendering techniques need only to reduce exposure compensation to make the picture underexposed - 1 to - 2EV, and then use external flashes to make up for the main body brightness. Players who want to further control the effect of light and shadow can use the front section setting to control the flash remotely, so that the image works have more interesting changes.
The top flash is directly patched up.
External flash is directly patched.
The top flash controls the external flash to compensate the light.
Backlighting environment can make Model's face light up by exposure compensation, but background details will also be sacrificed. If you want to keep both, you need to use flash compensation to reduce the contrast between background and subject. At this time, if the background light is too strong, the output of the overhead flash may not be enough to meet the demand for supplementary light, it is recommended to use external flash.
1. Use external flash Speedlite 600 EX-RT: Set external flash to slave mode. 2. Use P program automatic or AV aperture pre-requisite mode: Beginners recommend flash control synchronization. 3. Turn on the top flash: Set up the synchronization of the external flash controlled by the top flash. 4. Set up the SLR: Set the menu to use the set-top flash to remotely control the external flash.