How to deal with various situations in wedding photography freely
- Oct 23, 2019
- 0 Comment(s)
For photographers, photography technology is undoubtedly a means to achieve creativity. Because of the particularity of wedding photography, wedding photographers are required to master various photographic techniques flexibly and use them reasonably so as to deal with various situations in wedding photography freely and take wedding works with both artistic and realistic features.
I. Building Images on Light
Light is undoubtedly an important factor affecting photographic works. Documentary wedding photographers should learn to observe light, and consciously look for light in a limited environment, and then control and use the infinite changes of light, which is even more important than the quality (or intensity) of light to determine the success or failure of the final image.
1. Response to Light in Various Weather Conditions
On sunny days, it is not recommended to shoot outdoors with about 12 o'clock light, because the outdoor light is hard and easy to leave stiff lines for people. People can be photographed in shadows, if there is a spot on the face, the photographic angle can be adjusted; clouds are illuminated by sunlight in cloudy days, forming a huge soft light source, which is soft in tone and saturated high, making the face soft but lacking in layers. If a little stereoscopic effect is needed, simply use it. Flash control angle can be obtained; if encounter rainy days, please do not be depressed, this is absolutely God's gift, we can photograph the reflection of the ground, condensation of rain, create the feeling of stars and dots, can also use slow doors to create a silky feeling, but do not recommend large-scale movement, can be fixed in the shower. Take photos in the rain.
Photography/Fan Yuanyuan Equipment: Nikon D3S shooting data: f/1.41/160s 24mm ISO3200
This work was shot in the rain. At that time, the lights had been dim, I used off-line flash to illuminate the characters, the light outlined the lines of the characters, but also illuminated the raindrops, bringing unique mood and atmosphere to the picture.
2. Placing the characters in the light and shade interlaced, the light and shade of the characters are actually realized by utilizing the directional characteristics of light. Before shooting, pay attention to which areas in the light, which areas in the shadow, timely adjust the location of the characters and shooting, creating a bright and dark interwoven, light and shadow flow, with artistic charm of the picture.
3. When the light is not good, you can choose a bigger aperture and a higher ISO by approaching the person on the light source camera as close as possible. You can turn the person's face towards the light source and receive as much light as possible. Because of the large ratio of light, places that are not exposed to light will be hidden in shadows, forming a dense dark image.
Photography/Huangliang Equipment: Canon EOS-1DX Photography Data: f/1.41/2000s 35mm ISO200
In fact, every time the bride makes up, I would like to show a very quiet scene. At that time, the light in the room was very dark. There was only one window. I asked the bride to face the window and let her face receive as much light as possible. I measured the light and hid all the places where there was no light in the darkness. I used such strong shadows to foil the bride's quiet beauty. If I wanted to use artificial light to illuminate all the pictures, I would not get such a quiet picture. Now.
4. Use the window light to convey the bride's thoughts of being married. When the light shines through the window, the bride sits quietly by the window, with a subtle beauty to be married. Whether to shoot with backlight or side light depends on the photographer's angle. If you move your position, you will find the change of light. It can also use the shade of translucent curtains to get soft light, and the highlights and shadows are fairly uniform.
Photography/Tara McMullen Equipment: Nikon D3S photographic data: f/2.21/250s 85mm ISO1600
The bride stood in front of the large landing window, holding the ancient stairs. The window light on the side portrays the bride as an artistic treasure. The old wall tiles in the shadows are still clearly visible, and the dark and bright parts divide the whole picture equally. This composition adds to the tranquil atmosphere of the picture and makes people traverse the distant Middle Ages in a trance.
5. The combination of artificial light and natural light can sometimes complement each other to achieve perfect results. Artificial light source can change the ambient color temperature and set off the scene atmosphere.
6. The charm of blue-light time is that the sky will be dark blue for some time before the sun goes down or rises, and street lights will be even better if they are on. For shooting, there are two characteristics: the contrast of the main body of the environment is small and the light is soft; the second is the special light, the main body of the light and the street lamp will show warm tones, and the sky is blue, which can take a charming portrait works.
Photography / CM Leung Cai Minliang
It was shot in blue light time, known as the Magic Moment. An hour after sunset, the sky was charming blue, and the couple was at the zebra crossing at the red light. In the foreground, the lights illuminate the zebra crossing, and there are some reflections on the ground. The window of the shop in the background and the light box of the large advertisement reflect each other, showing warm tones. The visual feeling caused by the difference of color temperature is shocking.
2. Composition is a game between cubic inches
Composition is actually a process of selecting and excluding the most wonderful and expressive themes. After structure, composition and arrangement, many elements help to express the theme, attract the viewer's attention to the interest center of the picture, keep the picture concise, eliminate and compress unnecessary factors. For wedding photographers, it is not only to master the rules, but also to cultivate a good eye for discovery, so as to break through the rules and form a unique perspective.
1. The blank space of the picture gives more connotations to the picture. It is not simply to empty the picture, but to give the viewer the space to imagine and give more connotations to the work. The blank part not only depends on the main content, but also cooperates with each other in content and color, such as color, light and shade, and order. No matter which part of the picture is taken out, the harmony will be destroyed. The blank part is more a continuation of the subject, especially under the guidance of lines, we should pay attention to the direction of lines.
Photography: Yervant Zanazanian's large area of black makes the main character stand out, the picture is more concise, and highlights the texture of the clothing.
2. Open composition extends the viewer's imagination. Open composition is relative to closed composition. It emphasizes the internal and external links of the picture, but does not pay attention to the balance and integrity of the picture, so he is anti-conventional composition. The diversity and uncertainty shown in the picture make the viewer imagine outside the picture and form a complete work by combining his imagination with the content of the picture. Therefore, open composition is easier for wedding documentary photography to show the plot.
Photograph: Yervant Zanazanian this photo has been seen and reproduced by the famous international perfume company. The incompleteness of the characters becomes a part of the viewer's attention and imagination.
3. It is an effective way to improve photographic composition to use lines to enhance emotions and guide the eyes to use lines. As long as used properly, lines can greatly enhance the impact of photographs. Horizontal lines can create a balanced mood; vertical lines can inject a stable and calm mood into the picture; diagonal lines can convey a sense of motion; can also make the photo more dramatic; spiral lines, serpentine lines, free stretching lines in the free curve can give the audience a sense of rhythm and mobility.
4. The beauty of details found in the local composition of characters can bring strong visual impact, besides environmental portrait photography and portrait photography, highlighting the charming lines of eyes, nose, mouth and body. Wedding photographers should be good at observing and can get pictures of people who are implicit, interesting or more artistic. First, the part must have the most aesthetic feeling; secondly, the background picture should be concise with light by concise means; thirdly, the aperture should be enlarged to make the background virtual and highlight the theme. Finally, if the previous composition is not ideal and bold, the latter can be boldly cut.
Photography / Joe Buissink camera: Canon EOS5Ds Mark II aperture: f/4 shutter: 1/80 second focal length: 16mm sensitivity: ISO400
The spiral line is full of tension, which leads our sight to the main body of the picture, the bride who looks up and climbs up the stairs, as if implying happiness.
5. Changing the altitude of the seats, you will see that sometimes you just need to raise or lower the seats, and you will find completely different compositions, which can bring different visual feelings to the viewer. In the documentary wedding photography, head-up photography and overhead photography are commonly used in composition. As a result of the relationship between the angle of view, the upbeat leads to the reduction of the horizontal line, highlighting and exaggerating the objects in the foreground, thus achieving a special artistic effect. On the contrary, the camera shoots downward from a high position, giving the impression of looking down. The horizontal line in the overhead picture rises, the lens field of vision is wide, and the surrounding environment can be fully represented. There is also a way of top-up shooting, which is the more extreme way of overhead shooting. The camera shooting direction is perpendicular to the ground. From an angle that people can not reach at all, some expressive shapes are taken into delicate pictures. If it is to shoot characters, it is also an unconventional perspective, which changes the three-dimensional space of people and environment into two-dimensional plane, so that the picture has a certain interest and aesthetic feeling.
Photography: Yervant Zanazanian's high-angle shooting exaggerates the environment due to perspective.
3. Simply Use Light to Make Classic Portraits of the Bride
A beautiful portrait of the bride records not only the beauty of the day, but also the unforgettable memory, which will be kept forever. Because of the limitation of time and space, wedding photographers have to simplify their work and use simple methods to produce classical lighting effects. Following the principle of having only one sun, looking for a light source to depict the subject and achieve unexpected results is much better than exaggerated and complicated lighting. Natural light can be used to enter the window side and select a darker background to get quite soft light. This is the simplest and most effective Xiao. Like shooting. In addition, a flash can be used to directly illuminate a person's face 45 degrees from the top of his head, without any softening measures to achieve the effect of butterfly light.
Photography/Dennie Mok equipment: Nikon D700 photographic data: f/2.8 1/160s 62mm ISO800
When Yervant arrived at the shooting site, he noticed the lights in the garage and the brightly colored walls and used them. The signature portrait was taken with barrel light from the top of the head, without any other light source.
IV. Give More Connotation to Still Life
The still life photography of documentary wedding photography includes the performance of wedding dress, ring, wedding shoes, handheld flowers (and various flower arts).
1. Wedding dress itself has a sense of beauty. When shooting, it can highlight the overall outline, detail design and fabric texture. Lace wedding dress can depict exquisite details, Satin Wedding Dress focuses on silk luster texture, canopy gauze focuses on dreamlike and lightweight air sense, using backlight to show the outline of the wedding dress, at the same time, large aperture or micro-distance shooting can be used to obtain better depth of field and illusion to highlight details. The fabric texture can also be highlighted by oblique light. It should be noted that the lace on the white wedding dress is particularly easy to overexpose and can be used to get better layers and details.
Photography/Li Wei Equipment: Canon EOS5D Mark II shooting data: f/2.8 1/250s 70mm ISO100
Photography / Jason Yu Yujun Equipment: Canon EOS50D shooting data: f/3.51/60s 24mm ISO400
2. Wedding ring shooting rings often use micro-lens, shooting creativity can be achieved not only through light control, but also through other props to give the ring a special meaning. For example, the use of mirror reflections, the use of high-speed condensation beads, the use of slow doors to generate more artificial light, or the combination of rings and text, and objects of different materials, these are used to show the ring.
Photography/Fan Yuanyuan Equipment: Nikon D3S shooting data: f5.61/8000s 105mm ISO12800
The use of LED lights as the base of the ring provides ample light, and the instantaneous condensation of water droplets on the ultra-fast shutter makes the still life image more interesting.
3. Wedding shoes have charming lines and exquisite design, the placement of wedding shoes can be completely symmetrical, can also be scattered and delicate. You can borrow the appropriate background and props, so that the matching shooting to highlight the atmosphere of the wedding day.
Photography/Dong Equipment: Canon EOS5D Mark III Photography Data: f/51/250 s 70mm ISO4000
The heels have beautiful lines, and at the moment they are picked up, they also have the lovely words "I do", which clearly best explains the whole wedding.