8 Suggestions for Making Subject Private Housing Portraits
- Oct 24, 2019
- 1 Comment
Photography can be a thematic transmission that combines common elements to show what the work wants to express. The same is true of private portrait photography. This project takes a small edition of the work "Ecstasy" as an example to share some suggestions on the subject of portrait photography. The audience is welcome to make comments and comments.~
How to Choose the Right Room Place
Well, private photography tells you to find a room by looking at the words, but this type of photography can also go to places such as unoccupied ruins, but this is not discussed here, just about the rooms in the hotel. Generally speaking, hotel rooms are high, middle and low-grade, depending on what style you plan to take. Low-grade room type is about the same as a bed, a set of chairs and a toilet. The decoration is simple, there are not too many decorative items, decadent and simple style can be appropriate. If the price is a little higher, then the room style and decoration diversity can be enriched a lot. Like different theme hotels, apartment-style, retro-style, modern. And the choice of Suites is more spacious, can have a living room balcony and other scenes can be photographed. Not necessarily that the more expensive the room, the better, or to work on the theme of the first principle to choose their own appropriate, or can match the style of models. When choosing a room, you can first go to some regular hotel reservation website, where there are many pictures of the room inside, slowly choose the right one for you, and then compare the price and transportation convenience.
The two most important points of private photography are finding the right model and the right room.
2. Choose a good time period and grasp the time
From my point of view, during the day all the time can be photographed, unlike outdoors to worry about the direct sunlight at noon, but indoors as long as the floor is not short and no building shelter, at noon to open the curtain let the sun shine in, the light is the best. The oblique light in the afternoon is also excellent, but if used indoors, the time seems very short, a little weak light situation. When it comes to cloudy weather, you don't have to rely on oblique light in the evening. At this time, the best time should be at noon. A friend who uses a flash or plans to come out at night is another case.
Ecstasy Author: JEMONG J Click to View All Contents
Communication with Models
This should be more questions in portrait shooting, what kind of communication should there be between the two people, because this will directly affect the mood and gesture of the action when shooting. In fact, private shooting is not particularly embarrassing, when you enter the state of shooting, you will not feel embarrassed, just think about how to shoot the current picture, and how to arrange the next picture, and so on. For example, I actually met the model for the first time. At the beginning of the shooting, I was a bit slow and hot, but slowly after taking a long time, I felt that in fact, the shooting was no different from the usual shooting. My Putonghua is not very good, and there are also incomplete expressions in the shooting process, but we must have patience, can slowly and the model to say the desired posture, plus a little demonstration of their own, in fact, it is enough to understand. In a word, it's better to say what posture and effect you want with a bold model and suggest that you try again than to regret that you didn't get any pictures at that time. Fear of trouble and the pursuit of simplicity are not new films. After taking the picture you want to take, you might as well ask the model if he has any other ideas. After listening to his opinions, you think you can try, or you can take good pictures, one more person and one more head.
Ecstasy Author: Jemon J.
4. Finding shooting spots in limited space
In order to do this well, it is necessary to arrive at the site in advance. You can come earlier than the model, or study the room carefully when the model makes up. You can see it everywhere like a burglar, and it's best not to leave any corner. This period of time is the best opportunity for you to understand the shooting angle. Suggestions are orderly, such as from the window to the dressing table, then to the bedside and then to the wardrobe, etc. During observation, the mind can associate the pictures to be taken later. Looking back and forth a few times, you're basically ready for the next shot, and to a great extent, you avoid the fluidity of the scene conversion. You don't have to spend time planning the next scene after you finish shooting. When the light and shadow are fleeting, it wastes time in vain. While looking for the perspective of the scene, you can also pick up items that should not be mirrored in the room, such as restaurant menus, fire extinguishers in the corner of the hotel, or some leaflets, and let them all receive them for the time being. Otherwise, when all these messy things are taken in, the picture grade and feeling are not good enough.
Ecstasy Author: Jemon J.
V. Identifying Themes Around Themes
I personally think that the theme of a group of works is the most prominent place to highlight personal thoughts, otherwise how well they are filmed is also a group of disorderly films. In addition to the early shooting should pay attention to, in the post-processing can also be subject-oriented operation. Take my group as an example, in fact, before and during the shooting, I did not have the idea of "Ecstasy" in mind. At that time, I planned to add some things belonging to my style in the later period, such as tone atmosphere, which would not be bad. Of course, these are also to have a good enough pre-shooting as the premise, to ensure that there is a sense of beauty, and the angle of a variety of films can be selected, not to say that all hope for the latter. So, this is a good way to improve the editing ability of your photos, how to select from all the photos reasonably, so that these selected photos can also be combined into a theme you want. In fact, each group of works should represent your ideas at different times, with its own growth track. At that time, I was addicted to Hitchcock's movies. At that time, my mind was mostly the fragments of those movies. Then I wanted to make the group feel confused, the pictures were fragmented, and the visual communication was dizzy. Finally, I decided to quote Hitchcock's film "Psychedelia" to make the name of this group of works.
Ecstasy Author: Jemon J.
6. Post-production Thoughts
With the theme, there will be a direction in the later period, not a tone of East P, a tone of West P, come and go to grasp the uncertainties. Specific later steps I think will vary according to the film, not necessarily follow the work can produce a exactly the same, teach people to fish is better than teach people to fish, so I focus on sharing ideas here. Generally speaking, it is to select the selected photos determine the style post-tone detail modification determine the order.
1. To determine the overall tone of the work, there are too many styles of the current work, such as small fresh, decadent, retro, fashionable style... Establish a sense of what you want, or a cross-cutting definition of your style. Like this group in the early stage, I chose the retro style of the room, in the latter stage I still want to create a kind of dark picture of retro-like feeling, and then maintain a kind of charm in the tone. Mainly with red as the main tone, in the repeated debugging I lowered the color saturation to a negative value, found that in addition to avoiding the shaking of the thick, but also has a very old feeling, coupled with dark angle processing appears to be more profound.
2. After disturbing the shaping tones of the vision by layer cutting, we have to consider how to create confused feelings. I'm using the method of cutting out multiple layers and then staggering them up and down. Roughly, copy the original image, select the layer you want to cut on the layer copy with the "Marquee Tool", right-click the "layer through the copy", and then set the transparency of the layer to about 50%, then use the "Moving Tool" to make it interlace with the lower layer, so that it looks like the picture is fragmented illusion. In fact, I think I "cut not enough broken" in this group of works, because I tried to cut too many layers and misplaced, feeling too confused, guess that the general public is difficult to accept, and finally conservative only a little bit of processing, a little bit of hallucination is enough. Some people say that using a "dynamic blur" filter and erasing the clear part with an eraser can also achieve this effect, but I think there are differences. Dynamic blurring just blurs the picture one layer at a time, while layer cutting and staggering can see several layers at the same time. When you look, there is an illusion that you don't know which layer is the basic one. Of course, how to cut and how to overlap to confuse the effect of the line of sight, but also to consider, you can continue to try to find the best way, this step is to improve imagination and creativity.
Draw out the area with the Box Selection Tool, right-click on the Copy Layer and create a new layer immediately.
For these fragmentation layers you can move or rotate, as well as multiple overlapping layers.
3. Adding details to the picture and mending it. Generally, I will add scratches to my retro-like films to increase the effect of making old ones. Now many people use Alien Skin Exposure as a filter. I have tried it, but I haven't installed it successfully to solve some troubles. I usually use the method of layer overlay. Usually I can collect some design materials. After overlapping with the photo layer, I can choose the appropriate overlay method and transparency on OK.
4. The order of the pictures also pays attention to a whole group of pictures. Otherwise, the whole group may be really dizzy. So I intend to arrange the order of the pictures and insert some pictures without confusion treatment, so that there will be a change of flavor of "authenticity is also authenticity when authenticity is false". Then we should also pay attention to the coherence of the scene, not the scene in the chair for a moment, the next one suddenly arrives at the window, and the next one returns to the chair, pay attention to the logic of scene switching.
Ecstasy Author: Jemon J.
7. Try to make montage puzzles
In fact, this is a temporary idea. At that time, it seemed that these treatments alone were not enough. In addition to the usual super love of watching movies, I wanted to make a montage collage poster-like photograph as a node in the whole group of works. Montage is the way to connect the segmented lens groups, thus reflecting the author's thematic intentions. In fact, when screening photos, there are still some photos that have not been selected. These photos may have a lack of detail when enlarged separately, but when combined, they have the feeling of 1 + 1 & gt; 2, which depends on the way your photo combination is processed and edited.
Ecstasy Author: Jemon J.